Saturday, July 9, 2011

Caprese Salad

In April, my uncle made this awesome italian salad/side dish. So I decided that we would make it. It is so simple and so tasty! My brother in law served a two-year mission for the LDS church in Italy, and it reminds me of him! I am sure he would enjoy it. The ingredients are as follows:

Caprese Salad

Mozzarella Cheese
Tomatoes
Fresh Basil
Olive Oil 
Balsamic Vinegar
Salt and Pepper

You want a soft mozzarella for this dish (preferably one in a long roll) and slice it up. (Into as many circles as you want) Then slice the tomatoes as thin or as thick as you would like. The basil is torn up into same size pieces as the tomatoes.  Drizzle olive oil and balsamic vinegar over each piece. End it with some salt and fresh ground pepper. It is such a simple recipe and it can be made however you desire it. With as much or as little amount of each ingredient! 


I bought the mozzarella and tomatoes at Costco! So if live nearby a Costco, go pick some up! ;) The mozzarella comes 2 to a package. It is a perfect and light salad for summer! I hope you all enjoy! 

No comments:

Post a Comment